Friday, March 17, 2006

So I don't like to make a habit of laughing at my students' expense, but this is too rich. Plus, it's a Friday: time for a laugh. So here is an interpretation of Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" by one of my students in my online Major American Authors class:

"I guess the poem I could relate to is “The Road Not Taken,” by Robert Frost. This poem I think relates to life and life’s choices. In everyday life people have to make choices sometimes these are good choices and other times these choices are bad. For example someone decides to rob a bank; this would be a bad choice, because that person would go to jail if caught. Plus they would have a police record for the rest of their lives. On the other hand this same person could make the right choice by going to work and making an honest living. In the poem there were two roads to take one could have led to the right choices in life, and the other one that was not taken could have led down the wrong path; a path of crime and dishonesty."

No comments: